- Launched 07.Sep.2020
- Software NetEnt, Microgaming, Evolution, Pragmatic Play, Play'n GO
- Licenсes Curaçao
- Launched 13.Jul.2020
- Software NetEnt, Evolution, Pragmatic Play, Betsoft, Play'n GO
- Licenсes Curaçao
- Launched 14.Jul.2020
- Software Evolution, Pragmatic Play, Betsoft, Play'n GO, Elk
- Licenсes Curaçao
- Launched 31.Dec.2019
- Software NetEnt, NextGen, Pragmatic Play, Play'n GO, Quickspin
- Licenсes MGA
- Launched 29.Nov.2019
- Software NetEnt, Microgaming, Evolution, Pragmatic Play, Betsoft
- Licenсes MGA
- Launched 06.May.2020
- Software NetEnt, Microgaming, Evolution, Play'n GO, Quickspin
- Licenсes MGA
How I Pick a Live Dealer Casino?
Looking for a secure and trustworthy live casino? You can either search high and low yourself, dig deep and go through all the reviews, check their licenses, and check customer support…. Or you can save yourself some time and pick one of the listed below live casinos, which I have already checked out myself.
I have quite a considerable experience in gambling, from both sides. I have spent quite a few years working on a cruise ship as a dealer and casino manager, where I have both seen a multitude of people playing as well, having played countless games myself. Therefore, I can call myself a professional by experience. Ever since I have turned my attention to live casinos rather than land (or sea) based casinos, I had to create a method to select the best online casino to hit the big jackpots and get the best gambling experience. I do this by going through my aims and needs for the next gambling session and then find a casino that will help me fulfill this. Apart from this, I always take the extra time to thoroughly check the casino to reassure myself that it can be trusted with my money and personal information.
Practicing this approach, I have created the top list of live dealer gambling arenas that I regularly experience by my own and recommend visiting every time you have a feeling of playing against a real person. All casinos were tested from different angles, so they have no chance to cheat players.
What are my criteria for picking the best live casinos in South Africa?
Your first step is building a broad primary knowledge base about live casinos. Once you have a good general understanding, you can then proceed to pick a casino by weighing its pros and cons. A live-dealer casino a spot where you are playing against a real dealer. A live-stream broadcast allows you to have the full experience of interacting with the dealer and the other players at the game table. A live-dealer casino transports you into a fully-fledged casino while sitting and sipping your coffee in bed!
Like everything, there is always a downside. Live games do not give you the option of a free demo, unlike other games. Further, they lack the plentiful supply of bonuses that other games, such as slots, tend to have.
However, if I am tuned on having a live-dealer game, I always use my exclusive criteria to pick the best gambling arena for my needs.
Do I want to experience the authentic casino feel?
Not all live dealer casinos were created equal. In my opinion, the best are the ones that stream from actual land-based casinos. These tend to give a better immersion into the casino life. Other casinos do not focus so much on this, and you might end up in a live dealer casino that’s shot with poor attention to detail in a studio. Some casinos stream from studios that manage to create brilliant sound and lighting effects, but I find that this still does not match the quality of one that is shot in a land-based casino. One of the best is Cadoola casino, which offers a large variety of games from several different casinos.
Do I want to gamble on the go?
Stuck in traffic...or in a long queue? Feel like playing a quick game but can’t stay long? In this case, you should keep a mobile-friendly casino handy for these dire moments. I prefer websites that are adapted to mobiles and can be opened from the phone’s browser easily, rather than casinos that ask you to download the app. Both types are available. My favorite is Scatters casino, as it has worked on all my different devices perfectly while maintaining all its standards.
Do I want to save some extra money?
As I’ve previously mentioned, live casinos tend to have a lot fewer freebies when compared to their land-based counterparts. So, if you are like me and like to get lots of bonuses, not just with slots, but even with the more complicated games, look no further. I have searched high and low until I found Fortune Clock casinos. This casino has special live promotions, try your luck with live Roulette or Blackjack to double your winnings or get more bonuses.
Do I want to experience how it works?
Live casinos that allow minimum bets are a perfect way for a beginner to understand how the games work and practice their betting strategies, without risking a large amount of money. Live games cannot be played for free, so minimum bet casinos are a good alternative, as it is always better to risk losing 10 cents than 10 dollars! Why don’t you try your luck with Casoo casino where you can play for as little as $0.01?
Do I want to hit a Jackpot?
Once you start getting the hang of things and gaining experience, you’ll begin to find that the minimum bet casinos lack the adrenaline rush. Moreover, they have no chance of you getting a jackpot. If you are comfortable with your gaming and want to earn a bit more cash, go for Schmitts’s casino. Here you can play Live Roulette or Blackjack with betting up to $250,000.
Do I want to go through as many games as I can?
The more choice – the better, which is why I always recommend casinos with long game lists. The vast majority of what I suggest would have the four main attractions: Roulette, Blackjack, Baccarat, and Poker. These are the more common, as well as the more fun and the more worthwhile games to play. Are you brave enough to head over to Play Jango, a casino with hundreds of different games?
What you need to know about live dealer casinos and games
I love that live casinos are becoming so popular lately. I have been using live casinos for a long while, and I love using them to gamble. Here is what I have learned about the casinos and their games.
Who makes the live dealer games?
Gambling software developers create the games you use in a live casino. Some developers are jacks of all trades and create all sorts of games, while others prefer to focus their efforts on one particular aspect of the gambling world. Each of them has their pros and cons, but if you were to ask me which are my preferred developers, I’d tell you these:
- Evolution Gaming
These are well known for their modern live games with amazing stream quality and dealer competence. If you want a live-dealer experience that is smooth on any device, go for one of their products as their games are almost all mobile-friendly. If you’re going to pick products made by one of these developers, use the right filter option. It allows you to select the type of game, any bonuses that you’d like, and the device you will be using for betting.
Don’t screw up your live casino session
Step one was finding your preferred live casino. Now what? Here is some advice I wish someone had told me before I started putting money on the line:
- Check your WiFi! You won’t lose any of your progress if your signal is lost, but is it really worth the stress and annoyance? Especially if you were on the edge of winning. A patchy internet connection will only ruin your gaming experience.
- Be smart - know the game. You can’t find free demos of live games, but that does not mean you can’t play free demos of the regular version of that game to learn the rules and give yourself the time and space to create a strategy. Both the live and demo versions of games have the same rules and are played in the same way, so you might not waste money while learning the ropes.
- Know your odds. When choosing a game, always check your RTP to find the game, which provides you with the best chance of winning. There was a time when I didn’t want to stay looking at the RTP, and I paid a hefty price for it - by literally losing my weekly gambling budget in the span of a few hours.
Staying safe while playing casinos online
I cannot emphasize this enough - always find a trustworthy live casino, which shows you that it cares about your experience with their website, and which also cares about its reputation. If you don’t want to waste too much time researching, feel free to use the list I provide you with here. I can guarantee you that each casino on this list has been checked thoroughly by myself. If you don’t mind doing the research yourself or there is another website you want to try which isn’t on my list, then here’s what you should look out for:
- Licensing is key. To ensure your safety, always make sure that whatever casino you play is licensed by any international license such as UKGC or Malta. Since SA citizens can only enjoy international casino options, they must possess as many licenses as possible, so players are safe.
- Testing Certificates. Apart from licensing, which is very important, another essential thing to look out for is the confirmation that an independent agency has tested the website. One such testing agency is eCOGRA. This magical information is usually found at the footer of the website, so a good rule of thumb is to always check from the bottom up.
- The Games! You’re at this website to play the games, so you need to make sure that all the games are licensed as well, this ensures their legality, and likewise, it ensures your safety as a player. So, take a look at the providers, do you see any familiar names? This is automatically a good sign because the popular game providers would never risk their reputation by allowing their games to be on an unlicensed website.
One Final Comment
Live casinos have their issues, and it’s impossible that every player will enjoy them, just like with any other game. Nevertheless, if you learn how to choose a safe and secure website and know how to play, then live casinos can be incredibly enjoyable, both from a winning point of view and in the sense of ambiance. Don’t hold yourself back from trying them, at most, start with a low bet to get an idea, and then work your way up. I would wager a bet that you will soon become an avid live-dealer fan.